Wednesday 24 November 2010

Caine's Tale - Just Wishes - Gen 4 - Part 1

Caine Swan

I have been struggling with my identity, for as long as I can remember,  I am so indecisive - I always struggle to make decisions for myself.   I just feel different, I want to be different, but I also want to fit in!!!
I can not even decide on how to do my hair!!!!!
This one .......
or this one ......... aaaaaawwwwwwwwww
Ill ask my sister she'll tell me which one looks better! 
Even my love life, well .. its a mess!!!  I'm in love with Charles Benson,  the only problem being he has a boyfriend, and he won't break up with him.  I can not bring Charles home because my dad just does not approve of the situation, he knows Charles's boyfriend, Bill, and the less Dad sees of me and Charles together, the less likely he is to tell Bill about us.  So I sneak out to see Charles whenever I get the opportunity, mostly while Bill is at work, Charles invites me over, but I have to be out the house before Bill returns from work.  The situation is becoming increasingly difficult by the fact that, I have celebrity parents, so the whole world knows who I am, I am famous because my parents are and everything I do is watched and noted, I don't know how we have gotten away with if for this long!!!!
Our home is becoming rather creepy!!  My sister, Casey,  married a vampire, Aleksey, and their children are vampires too.  Then there are the ghosts, six I think i've counted so far, ghostly descendants still wandering around the place.  The ghost I find the most disturbing is my brother Carl, who died accidentally a few years back.  With ghosts jumping out at me, vampires wandering around the place, and my secret love affair,  I feel like I am always having to watch my back!! 
I actually can not wait to get out and get my own place, but I need to work hard and save up enough money to make it out their on my own.  I work at the Sports Stadium, that's one decision I have never struggled with, as I want to become a Superstar Athlete.
Another normal Chaotic day in our house, babies screaming, paparazzi crawling all over the front garden because my sister has caused another public scandal!!   Aleksey's dad Mikie Song, as usual had taken root on the couch, as he does most days.  I feel sorry for him in a way but he is starting to get on my nerves a little, he's lonely now, living next door all alone, since Aleksey's mother, April, died he has taken to coming round everyday, and stays over quite often.  I don't know why Mom and Dad don't just ask him to move in and be done with it!!!!!  Then again, I think he has a crush on my mother, so that definitely would not be a good idea!!
"Why don't you get yourself some lodgers to keep you company"   I suggested to him the one day.
Little did I know saying that was going to change my life, and his, in more ways than one!!!
I came home from work the one day to find this blue woman I had never seen before, in the living room, having an hysterical fit over getting Casey's autograph.  I giggled to myself, having seen this a million times before - another starstruck airhead I thought to myself and went upstairs to get a shower.  Charles had phoned me to ask me to hangout at his place, so I took a quick shower and got off, as we would only have a few hours together before Bill got off work.  Everyone at home was beginning to think I was becoming a little bit of a workaholic,  they thought I was going out jogging every night ... ha, little did they know!!!!
When I returned home, I was starving, walking into the kitchen, heading for the fridge, I noticed through the patio doors that "blue" was still here.  She was out by the hot tub, talking to grandad Austin's ghost- very brave!!!  This should be interesting!!!!!  Forgetting my growling stomach for a moment, I leaned against the patio door frame and watched and listened.
"Very Striking isn't she!!"  Aleksey made me jump a little, not realizing he was stood behind me, I was so transfixed by the blue creature in the garden, I hadn't even known he was coming, and usually I can smell vampires from a mile off!!!
"She's very .....blue - Who is she??" I asked him
"She is my dads new lodger, Blueberry Mango, her and her identical twin sister Cherry" he replied 
"and if you think she's very blue, you should see Cherry, she's very red!!" he giggled
"Ha! I wondered why I hadn't seen your dad around for the past few days -  he's got himself some company then!!"  
"Yep, he sure has!!" Aleksey said as he wandered off, 
my stomach growled again, so I raided the left over pancakes from the fridge then went off to bed
I must have spent all night, dreaming about Blueberry, this unsettled me.  I had stirred a few times in the night and each time i drifted back to sleep, dreaming the same dream.   Aleksey was right, she was striking,  AAAWWW  I need to get her out of my head - I don't do girls, Im in love with Charles remember!!!
 I got up had a long bubble bath to sooth my nerves, and it worked for a short time, feeling a lot better with myself I went down to breakfast, only to have my nerves shattered again by the sight of Blueberry sat eating pancakes at the table.
"Pancakes on the side bro - your favourite" Casey called to me
"Mine too!!" Blueberry mumbled to nobody in particular
I sat at the table far enough away so I didn't have to look at her, even though I really wanted to, keeping my head down eating my food as quickly as I could so I could get out of there.
"So your Caine, your sister has told me all about you"  she said suddenly
Not even realizing she had moved I looked up slowly to see she was stood right in front of me, my stomach rolled and I found it hard to catch my breath, she had to be the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.  Her face was mezmorizing, those large big blue peircing eyes, with the apricot skin covered with lots of tiny freckles.
"and your Blueberry, my sister told me all about you too"  which was a lie, but the only thing I could think to say as I quickly stood up and left my half eaten pancakes, heading straight to my room.
I closed my bedroom door and slouched against it, what the hell was wrong with me, I need to pull myself together, my head was swimming and my heart racing.  I need to go jogging, I need to get out of here!!!  A few hours till work started so I made my way on foot towards the stadium.
Everywhere i go these days Blueberry seems to be, her and Casey were now best friends and it seems like they are attached at the hip.  I did everything I possibly could to avoid her, because I did not trust myself to be around her, she brought out all these strange emotions in me that I really did not want or even understand.
Blueberry is very musical, always round playing the base or the guitar, handy for me, I just avoid where the music is coming from and I avoid crossing paths with her.  My neice, Dawn, told me that they can not afford the musical instruments next door so her mom told Blueberry that she could come round any time to use them.
Returning home after work I spotted Blueberry on the front garden, she looked like she had been waiting for me to return home.  As soon as I got out of the pool car she called me over.
"Caine can I have a word with you please"
"Make it quick, Ive just finished work and I'm tired"
I stood infront of her on the grass, she moved up way to close to me, put her hand on my shoulder then leaned in to whisper in my ear,
"Have I done something to upset you, every time i try to talk to you, you are always quite rude, and I would really like us to be friends."
My head started swimming and my heart racing from feeling her hand on my shoulder, it took me a few minutes to pull myself together and before I could answer her, I was blinded by a flash of light.  There were two papparazi blokes stood talking by the gate when I had returned home.  One of them was now only feet away snapping away with his camera.
"I am sorry I can not talk to you now, I will talk to you tommorrow when we haven't got an audience, bye Blueberry"  I said quickly, and  made my escape into the house, away from the pap's and from answering her question!!
The next day I avoided seeing her by going out early in the morning, spending the time visiting Callum, my older brother,  before work.  I was quite happy going home as I had had another promotion today, I was one step away from playing in the Wednesday and Sunday games, that, I was really looking forward to!!!    As the pool car turned the corner my mood dropped a little, I could see her outside on the street talking to her sister Cherry.  I walked past them, in a rush to get in and tell Mom and Dad about my promotion, I am not even sure they had seen me, so engrossed in their conversation.
I told Mom and Dad the good news, then got a phone call from Charles saying he needed to see me urgently, I was to meet him in the alcove on the beech, so I rushed upstairs to take a quick bath and got ready to go out.  When I came downstairs  Cherry and Blueberry were stood by the front door waiting for me.
"We wondered, Cherry and me, if you would like to come to Plasma 501 with us tonight"  Blueberry said to me sheepishly.
"I am sorry I already have plans for tonight, maybe another night" I replied, then added, feeling a little guilty to be doing it again to her,
  "I know we didn't have our chat yet, and I really am sorry, Blueberry, but I am in kind of a rush"
"Tommorrow .... maybe!" I shouted as I made my way out the door.
When I got to the beach, Charles was already waiting for me. I went to hug him, but he punched me in the chest, he looked pretty mad!!  He thrust a very crinkled newspaper at me and demanded to know what the hell was going on.  Looking at the newspaper page, I couldn't believe what I was seeing myself,  In the celebrity gossip section of the Wishacy News, was a few photo's of me and Blueberry, one of them looked very compromising!!  We were stood together, very close, her hand on my shoulder and because of the angle of the photo, it actually looked like we were kissing each other.
"Its not what it looks like - she was actually only whispering so the paps could not hear her" I told him
"Yeah... Yeah... its not what it looks like, thought you might say that .... I just don't believe you!!"  Charles shouted at me.  We then spent the next hour having the mother of all arguments before he stormed off, leaving me sat on the beach, not really sure if I was ever going to see him again.  I didn't go straight home,  I just sat on the beach, watching the waves, I had even gone for a swim, trying to make sense of it all, feeling really upset and secretly hoping that Charles would come back, I waited 2 hours but he didn't return.
Slowly I made my way home on foot.   I was more than shocked when I got close to home to see Blueberry sitting on the bench on our front garden, It was the middle of the night by now, I had walked home very slowly, as I got closer I could see she really did not look very happy!!!!!
I could not really ignore her at this time of night, or she would know I had been avoiding her on purpose, the house was in darkness and absolutely nobody around, so I sat down beside her.
"So, how did your night out at Plasma 501 go??"  I asked
"I didn't feel like going, Cherry went alone -- and WHO THE HELL IS CHARLES???"
I felt the colour draining from my face as she spoke his name
"Wooooooooow calm down - Charles, I don't want to talk about him right now"
"Well I think you need to - because I want to know why he came round, quite abusive he was, threatened me, told me to keep away from you - I think I deserve to know what the hell is going on!!" she snapped
"Did he really - I am sorry - I .... errrr .......... sorry I can't" I stuttered not really knowing what to say to her without telling her the truth about me and Charles, I don't know if I could trust her with my secret.
"You can't WHAT - tell me who Charles is or tell me what his visit was all about - forgive me but I am a little confused here."  she snapped, she was getting quite angry, her eyes caught my attention, I could see the emotion in her eyes, and it made my stomach roll.
"Well.....????" she said when I didn't respond
"I'm sorry"  I didn't know what else to say
"Sorry, SORRY ........ tell me Caine don't you have any other words in your vocabulary other than SORRY??? - you are driving me nuts - Sorry doesn't answer my question!!!"
"Has anyone every told you how beautiful you are when you are angry?" 
OMG -  I just say that out loud - didnt I!!
 It was too late now, I had gone and said it, I couldn't take it back, and I am not exactly sure who kissed who first, but we didn't  speak another word to each other that night - My head was spinning, I couldn't think straight, I just let all my emotions take over and they took me to a place I had never been before.

OMG - WHAT have I just done


----------------------------------------------------------
Part two

No comments:

Post a Comment