Saturday 27 November 2010

Dejavu - Just Wishes - Gen 4

DEJAVU
a story by Aleksey

I  am so happy with my life, four wonderful children and a wife I am still so in love with.  I have my dad living next door with his new wife, Cherry, and my baby half brother Daryl.  At the moment life couldnt be more perfect!!!
Since becoming a vampire when I was a teenager, I have never had a dream, vampires do not dream, so why was I dreaming tonight???
"Hey dad, you fancy bringing Daryl round to play with Dean, he is really missing having another toddler to play with since Damen had his birthday"
"Cherry will be back soon and it is a little late, he needs to go to bed,"
"Anyway son, aren't you supposed to be at work tonight?"  he asked me
"I am Dad, but I just didn't feel like going in today" I told him
"Oh, Aleksey, don't go letting me down now - you have a family to feed remember!!"
"I know - Sorry Dad!!"
 "Ill bring Daryl round tomorrow to play, but I will come round  and keep the little fellow company for a while, I could do with catching up with all my grandchildren " Mikie said
"Ill just put Daryl to bed then I will be straight round"
"Honey, the trash machine is broken can you fix it please" Casey shouted as I walked through the door
"Ok love I'm onto it!!" I shouted back "Dads coming round in a bit to spend some time with the kids"
 "Hiya Grandad - I can workout, do you want to see?"  
Damen got Mikies attention as soon as he arrived.
Mikie chuckled - "Come on then, lets see"
They made there way towards the stereo in the kitchen.
I smiled watching my dad and son together, reminded me of when I was little.  I might just work out myself.
Suddenly, I could hear Damen screaming,
rushing inside, not expecting the scene infront of me
"OH NO - NOT MY DAD!!!!"
I could not believe what I was seeing - I never wanted this moment to ever come.
My dad's spirit dropped to his knees  and started pleading and begging
For all my life I had always looked up to my dad - he has never let me down, watching him now I felt for the first time ever my dad was letting me down - he looked so pathetic pleading for his sole.
My heart was broken in more ways than one.  This can not be real - my dad would never let me down.  The phone started ringing and nobody moved, everyone just turned to watch as the Grim Reaper made his way towards answering the phone
"Hello ...... is that Aleksey" he said in the most evil creepy voice
"Aleksey - Aleksey - Aleksey - ALEKSEY" 
I drifted back to an awake state, Casey leaning over me looking concerned.
"What's the matter love, you was shouting and crying in your sleep"
"Sorry love Just a bad dream - go back to sleep"
We both lay back down, I closed my eyes but I definately did not sleep
I got out of bed, feeling exhausted.  I had been dreaming hadn't I!!  Feeling quite uneasy I just had to pop next door and make sure that Dad was alright - and he was.
"Hey Dad, can I ask you something?"
"fire away son" he said not taking his eyes off the tv
"Have you ever had a dream since you became a vampire?"
No, can't say I have -  anyway isnt it supposed to be impossible for us to dream"
"I'm not sure - because I had a dream last night"
"mmmmm very strange - shouldn't you be getting off to work son, have you seen the time"
"I had a rough night, I dont feel like going in today" 
as the words left my mouth somehow I know what his reply would be
"Oh, Aleksey, don't go letting me down now - you have a family to feed remember!!"
"I know - Sorry Dad - I'll go to work!!"
I stood up to go to work, still feeling uneasy then added
"Do me a favour Dad, will you pop round later and spend some time with the kids"
"Sure - I'll come round when I've put Daryl to bed, I could do with a catch up with all those grandchildren of mine!!
"See you later Dad" and I left for work.
Getting in from work, I was taken aback a little by the first thing I saw when I got through the front door.  My dad and Damen jabbering away to each other - just like in my dream.    I felt the blood drain from my face, well, not technically, I no longer had a pulse, it just felt the same, I had that sinking panicky feeling.
"Done your homework Damen?" I asked, subconsciously trying to alter the scene from my dream
"Not yet Dad, I'm talking to grandad"
"Homework now - plenty of time to talk later"
"oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh"  but off her went
"Honey, the trash machine is broken can you fix it please" Casey shouted from the kitchen
OMG! what is going on - just like my dream -  am I going crazy??!!
"Oh and your dads come round to spend some time with the kids" she said
I looked at Dad, he looked at me - we both started laughing and started walking towards the kitchen together.  Inside I wasn't laughing, inwardly I was panicking.
I did not fix the trash machine straight away, I stood talking to dad, Damen, homework done, was soon back bugging his grandad for his attention again
"Grandad - I can workout, do you want to see?"
If I wasn't already dead - I would have said I died right their on that spot, my head went fuzzy, then everything started to go in slow motion, I could feel every ounce of my blood draining away, in fact it felt just like the moment I turned from human to vampire.
So really, I was not surprized with what happened next!!
"OH NO  - NOT MY DAD!!!"
For all my life I had always looked up to my dad - he has never let me down.
Watching my dad gracefully accepting his fate - I was so proud of him - I knew this was real, my dad would not let me down and he never had.
"Oh no you don't Grim - Casey is getting the phone - thank you!!"
"You have no sense of humour Aleksey"
Grim cackled before he vanished
I felt so numb my dad was gone.
 I couldn't help but think of little Daryl, he would never know his dad, he would never have what I had.  It was up to me to look after him and tell him about how wonderful our dad was.
"Don't worry Dad, I will try never let you down"
and I know he will still be watching me from the corner of the garden
I'm sure it won't be long before I see him again!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 35 coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment