Wednesday 5 January 2011

Chapter 60 - Just Wishes - Gen 7

FAITH SWAN
Artistic - Friendly - Family Oriented - Hopeless Romantic
-----------------------------------------

"Come on Faith - we have birthdays to celebrate"  Dad shouted
"Hang on one minute - I'm winning"
"Now Faith - everyone is waiting for you"  Mom shouted
"OK - OK  - I'm coming now!!"
 I like to watch people, and I have watched my parents for a long time.  They have this electric spark between them, you can tell how deeply they love each other, just by watching them.  In a way, this may have spoilt things for me in the future, because I will not settle for second best - I want a love like theirs, or none at all!!
 Two of my brothers have got themselves girlfriends, ironically two sisters, Maddie and Miranda Martin.  I have been watching them too - Fletcher and Maddie - they are never going to last, they just have a faint sizzle going on with those two.
Whereas, Foster and Miranda on the other hand - fireworks.  I think they are quite sweet together and make a nice couple!!  Miranda now rides home with us every night on the school bus, she may as well live here too because she rarely goes home these days!!
 Quite sweet Fletcher and Maddie wanted to have their birthdays together.  We had 3 cakes ready today for Maddie, Fletcher and Felix.  Maddie was the first to blow out her candles and was the first to get stuck into the birthday cake.  Next up Fletcher
Poor Felix, in all the carry on - too late for cake - he aged up quite nicely on his own, but I still felt a little guilty, I did hold proceeding up a little while they had to wait for me.
"Sorry Mom, I didnt mean to spoil things for Felix"
"Its Felix you need to be apologizing to not me!!"
Don't they ever give it a rest!!!!!
I have made a big decision for myself - my Life Time Wish -
I want to be a world renowned surgeon, so once I graduate from school. I will be heading off to the hospital to join the medical career.  Fletcher has also decided on a medical career, so I will be seeing him at work and at home!!
I love painting and am pretty good at it even tough I do say it myself.  I have painted quite a few brilliant pictures and have made quite a bit of money from the ones I have sold so far!!  I did consider making a living out of painting, but it will be handy for me in the future to have something to fall back on if my medical career doesnt work out.
Another birthday, this time it is Finlay's turn to become a young adult.
Quite handsome, my brother, don't you think!!??
A few days after Finlays birthday I overheard him speaking to dad
"Dad, I need a word" Finlay said
"What about?"
"Me and Fletcher are thinking about getting a place of our own together"
"Well you know what we have said, we want to see you settled in a steady job before we want you to go out on your own" Dad said
"We know, Dad, I start at the theatre tomorrow and you know Fletcher is working at the hospital"
"Do you need money for a deposit"
"No, we have been thinking about renting  Gulls cottage, its empty at the moment - but its not money - it's Mom"
"Oh...  yes, your mother!!"
"Can you tell her for us please, we are too scared too, you know how she gets!!"
The look on my mothers face when Dad told her that Fletcher and Finlay were getting their own place - broke my heart!!  Anyone would think someone had just died!!  It took Dad ages to cheer her up.
So Fletcher and Finlay move out into their own place, I can imagine the mischief they will be getting upto on their own without mom and dad watching over them.
Finally it is time for mine and Flora's birthday.  Me being the oldest twin I went first
"Don't forget to make a wish" Dad said
"I already know what I am going to wish for"
I am not actually sure I look that much different, I don't really feel any different either.  I have gained the workaholic trait to go with my other ones.
Flora's turn
To say we are twins we are nothing alike and we don't really get on like twins should either!!  Flora surprized everyone, by moving out of the house virtually the day after her birthday.  She got a job at the local school then moved into the small one bedroomed house next door, that dad said our Grandmother Lilac lived in before she met Grandad Damen.
It is pretty late at night, but no curfew its great to be out after dark!!  I made my way down to the hospital to fill out forms for my new job in the medical career.  Not sure I like the sound of my first job title - Organ Donor - but everyone has to start at the bottom!!!
I fancied a stroll around the park before I went home.  I spotted a women in a doctors jacket so I couldn't help but go over and talk to her, excited about my new job, I wanted to tell someone about it.  Not very sociable, she was not interested in talking about work, but it is 2am in the morning I suppose I can not really blame her!!  Home to bed I think!!
I have mastered many of my skills, but Logic is one that has evaded me.  Probably because the level 2 logic book has disappeared from the bookcase.  Dad said a long time ago when he was young, there had been a full set of skill books, but over the years people move out and take the odd book with them.  No book to read, so I will have to settle for playing chess instread.
My first day at work went well, so well, I got a promotion on my first day, I am now a bed pan cleaner - YUK!!!  I will definately be working from home tonight to try and get promoted away from this job as quick as I possibly can!!!!
"Mom - Mom - guess what, I got a promotion today" I said excitedly
"Thats great sweetie!!"
Then I noticed Mom was not looking quite herself
"Mom are you ok - you look........different"
"You might want to sit down - I have something to tell you"
"Your not ill are you" I started to worry
Mom laughed
"No sweetie, I am pregnant"
"WHAT!!" I was shocked "Was it an accident??!!"
I was quite shocked that now us kids were all grown up my mother was having another baby.
"No, it was planned"
"Have you and Dad gone mad!!??
Mom looked a little upset by my comments
"Are you not pleased about having a new baby brother or sister"
"Well - Yes - but it was not what I was expecting, I just thought you and dad would want to become Grandparents now, not parents again!!"
I suppose I will get used to the idea once I have got over the shock!!!!

-------------------------------------------------
Chapter 61
--------------------------------------------------


3 comments:

  1. xD Hahahaha, Faith's face when Eva told her she was pregnant is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another kid? So late? Anyway, all of the kids look amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete