Monday 10 January 2011

Chapter 65 - Just Wishes - Gen 7


Publically disgraced!!!!  Well I suppose I deserved it!!!
And you know what I couldn't care less what they are saying - most of it won't be true anyway!!!  So boo all you like - I DONT CARE!!!!!!
After convincing my dad that I had met Dean by accident at the library and only once - our hair colour being identical obviously starting the conversation - I convinced him that all I knew was Dean was alienated from the family, and I had no intention of seeing him again (the last part being a lie)  - was it only then that my Dad calmed down.  I was going to find out what the big secret was - but I didn't tell dad that!!!
I got my head down and got stuck into work, and pretended that last weekend had never happened.
Sitting in the kitchen after just finishing my research journal I could hear in the bathroom somebody throwing up.   I can probably guess who it is and why.  Yes and out walks Mom.
"You have been throwing up again I heard you" I said to her 
"Just a little"
"Your pregnant again aren't you!"
"I hope so!!"
Without another word I got up and wandered off - I was saying nothing!!!  I was not really surprised when the next time I saw my Mom she was wearing maternity clothes.
I wanted to see Tiber make sure he was ok - I was on call but I called him and invited him over and when he arrived invited him to stay the night, just incase I did get called into work on an emergancy - which did happen.  Tiber had gone to bed and when I returned from work I relaxed on a bed for a while, and was surprised when Tiber strolled in wearing his PJ's.
"Can we talk Faith"  he asked
"Yeah sure - your not ok are you!!"
 
"No not really!!" he said
"Whats up??"
"I am going to break up with Kevin"
"Why - has he done something?" I asked
"No, its me, things are not going good and well, I am just not feeling it any more"
"Thats a shame!!"
"Do you need a cuddle??"  I put my arm round him and he just lay there for a while.   As Tiber had always had boyfriends not girlfriends, I never saw him a threat as a man, and could always feel quite comfortable around him
"I have a problem Faith"
suddenly he grabbed my hand and pulled me closer to him
"Stop it!!!!! Tiber what are you doing???!!!!"
"I think I am falling in love with you"
I could feel the blood draining from my face, shocked, that was the last thing I expected to hear him say to me!!
"But you can't ........ your ..........."
"Gay - go on say it!!!!!!!!"  he snapped angrily
He let go of my hands got off the bed and stormed out of the room
"No I was going to say - your my best friend - you can't love me!" I mumbled after him but I knew he probably didn't hear it
I could feel things slowly slipping between ups, he was my best friend,  he should not feel this way about me - why did he have to go and complicate things!!!!!!  It did not help the next morning my mom started.
"So Tiber, is he your boyfriend then??"
"No, he is just my mate"
"Why not, he seems really nice"
"He is - nice - but I don't like him like that, he is a good friend, that's all"
"Shame - isn't it about time you got yourself a boyfriend"
"I don't want or need a boyfriend right now, I don't have time for relationships with work"
"You worry me sometimes Faith"
"Change the subject Mom, do you want to know the sex of the baby??"
Birthday time again - that seemed to come around really quickly. I have been so busy I have not noticed how time was passing me by!!!
Freddie and Gavin become children
and Fiona and Franny become Teenagers
and it was not very long before mom was bringing home another baby from the hospital, my new baby sister Gina.
I came out of work the one evening and bumped into my Uncle who was hanging around outside the hospital.  We had the strangest conversation!!!!
"I see you have another baby in the house" he laughed
"Yes - Gina - she never stops crying!!!"
"How many babies is that now??"
"11"
"They have quite a few to go then!!"
"What do you mean??"
"Its just something your Dad said at work - Eva wants 100 kids"
"YOU WHAT!!!!"
"Well if you don't know - he might have just been joking - but he did not look like he was joking to me - I thought he was being serious!!"
OMG!!!  I hope Dad was only joking!!!!
I wanted to hang out with Felix so I thought I had time to pop over and see him, I could ask him, maybe he would know something!!
"Hey Felix - I just heard something about Mom and Dad and I don't know if it is true or not"
"What?" he asked curiously
"Did you know they plan to have 100 babies?"
"Don't be stupid!!"
"Well, Uncle Edward thought Dad was being serious when he told him"
"Have you asked them?"
"No not yet."
"Well don't you think you would be better asking Mom and Dad if it is true"
Shelby is growing up fast!!!  It is quite surprising that I am only an Aunty to one Nephew so far, really surprised that Foster does not have children yet!!
I was just making my way home when my phone rang - Dean Swan.
Do I or don't I answer it!!??
"Hiya Dean"
"Just wondered if you fancied hanging out at my place, I haven't seen you online for a while"  he asked.
"Ok  - I will be round in a minute I was just on my way home anyway"
"It is nice to have a bit of family that is not mad a me!!" Dean said when I got there.
"So - -what's happening - anything??" he asked
"I have had a promotion, another baby sister - nothing much!!"
"Another one" he started laughing really loudly
"Are you laughing because you have heard the 100 baby joke too?" I asked
"Yes, I am actually - I thought it was just an office joke because of the amount of kids they are having  - but I am beginning to wander" he started laughing again.
Watching him laugh - his eyes were sparkling for a moment, I had only ever seen them dull before - I could see why a woman might fall for him
"Can I ask you something"
"Yes - fire away"
"Have you had an affair with my Grandma Lilac??"
He suddenly stopped laughing
"Can we not talk about this, I did not call you round here to start digging up family history"
"But ..."
"But Nothing,  like I have told you before -  you dont need to know what went on in the past - just leave it - you will hate me more for telling you than hate me for what happened - please Faith!!"
"Sorry - its just you seem ok to me, and I would love to help you fix things so everyone would stop hating you so much""
"You are such a sweet girl - but there is no fix for this situation - just let it rest!!!"
The week didn't get any better, in fact it got worse as I found myself making one mistake after another.  Tiber was a wreck - he asked me to hang out with him and instead of helping him through his problems - I actually helped things became a lot worse for the us both.
One minute he was crying on my shoulder - the next he was kissing me.  My first kiss, was with my gay best friend.  The worst part about it all was that I didn't stop him and I should have done.
"I love you Faith" he said it, but I could see it.
I felt so awful - I just wanted to die
"I am sorry Tiber, I don't feel the same way about you"
All I could do was run - I could not face seeing the torment on his face.  Little did I know at the time, that this was probably the last time I would ever see Tiber again!!
I stumbled out of the bathroom, nearling in tears, just to bump into Kevin.
"He's trying to break up with me because of you, you know"
"I know Kevin, and I am sorry, but I don't love him and I think he knows that now!!"  "He's in the bathroom and I think he might need you!!"
I wanted to talk to Moe, my boss, so I went round to his house.  Moe is married to my grandads sister Dana, and even though we are distantly related - I just see them as friends.  I don't get on with Dana so well, but their son Shaun, my dads cousin, I had been good friends with since school, and had always classed him as my second cousin.
I had finished talking to Moe about work and decided to hang out with Shaun for a while, as it seemed like forever since I had seen him.  We chilled out on the bed watching tv and chatting for hours.  Don't ask me what possessed me - but all of a sudden I had the urge to kiss him - I wanted to kiss Shaun.
Things definitely went too far - and they did because at the time I actually wanted them to.  We did wahoo - my first time  - with my second cousin!!  I ended up staying the night, and fell asleep exhausted after hours of making out afterwards.
But in the morning when I woke up I wandered where exactly my head had been last night, because it was not in the same place this morning -
WHAT THE HELL HAD I JUST DONE!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. OH my, Faith certainly does seem fascinated with her distant family! She seems very mixed up in the love department, poor thing. Great chapter! Can't wait to see what happens, if the family ever finds out about her and her 2nd cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O.O Oh snap. Didn't see that one coming, hahaha. This family never ceases to amaze me. xD

    ReplyDelete