Saturday 8 January 2011

Chapter 63 - Just Wishes - Gen 7

My little brother was having a baby with his girlfriend Tia.  It was no wander he had not been his usual cheerful self yesterday - probably scared of how Mom and Dad would react!!  Mom did not even get involved, and Dad, well he really surprised me with his reaction.  He was pretty calm and they talked about it like sensible adults, but I think Dad is secretly excited about his first grandchilds arrival!!!
Who would have thought - Felix - the first one of us kids to have a baby!!!  Watching my two little twin sisters playing together made me think about my own twin sister Flora.  It seems to have been so long since I last spoke to her - I wander what she is up to these day, I might just give her a call
As I pulled my phone out of my pocket it started to ring, so instead of making a call I ended up recieving one.  I looked at the caller ID before I answered.
"Hiya blue eyes"  I answered then giggled
"Drop the blue eyes - vampire" he chuckled back
"Sorry Tiber, how are you doing??"
"At a loose end - you fancy hanging out tonight?"
"I'm sorry, I'm on call tonight, and tomorrow its my sisters and brothers birthdays, how about I catch up with you at the weekend, when its not so hectic"
"Worth a try - I'll catch you at the weekend then!!"
I have been friends with Tiber for a while, sweet guy, but definately not my type!!!  Actually, I don't really know what my type is yet, I am still to meet a man that even remotely interests me in that way. 
Romance - I am just not interested in it at all, I have never wished for it.  My mom keeps nagging me, says I should have a boyfriend by now, that I worry her and I am not normal.  Maybe I am not normal - but at the moment I am just not bothered!!!  My career is plenty keeping me occupied  -  I am now a Resident - half way to where I want to be - a World Renowned Surgeon.  My mother just does not get the workaholic streak in me - and I would not swap my world for hers at any price - don't get me wrong, I don't dislike children, I am actually a Family Oriented person, but I want a career and a life before I start tying myself down with relationships and children - what is so wrong with that???
I had to miss most of the birthday celebrations at home because of work, so by the time I got home, most of it was over.  Fiona and Franny were now children, Freddie a toddler, I only got to see Gavin grown up.
As it turned out, I never even got cake, my bleeper went off and I had to rush back into work for an emergancy.  Moe my boss, was so impressed with my work, I not only got a pay rise I also got a promotion - so I am now a Trauma surgeon
As it was such a nice night, and of course being a vampire, I loved to be out at night when the sun went down as this was the only free time I had outside.  I liked to make the most of every chance I had of fresh air - Living and working a "human" lifestyle, means for me missing out on night time, I had to waste it away sleeping like humans did.  So I decided to stay out a while and I sat on the bench outside the hospital and read my latest research journal.  Of course it did not take long for the paparazzi to come sniffing around, but tonight I just completely ignored them.
I suddenly thought about my brother, I had not seen the baby yet, so on the way home I decided to pop in to see Felix and have a look at my new nephew.  When I got to his house he was not there, Toby was in minding Shelby while Felix and Tia had gone out.
"It seems like ages since we hung out together Faith"  Toby said to me
"I know it has been a while" I replied
"Felix said you were working at the hospital - what do you do there??"
"At the moment I have just been promoted to a Trauma Surgeon"
"Wow - thats quite impressive!!" he said
"Well, thanks"  I giggled feeling a little embarrassed
I put Shelby back in his cot - Big mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!
"You are more beautiful than I remember" he said moving closer to me
I was shocked at first, not knowing what to say to him
"Toby are you flirting with me?" maybe I should not have said that
"I might be" he said moving even closer, 
I wanted to step backwards away from him when his arms were suddenly round me, and I could not move anywhere.  He was hugging me, and this was no friendly hug, he was hugging me amorously - I felt like I could not breath, and my stomach somersaulted, I could feel my legs starting to wobble, was I going to pass out - was this panic or was this something else???!!! 
"Hey Faith!!"  I have never been so pleased to hear my brothers voice
"Felix, I popped round to see how you was getting on with the baby"
I quickly pulled away from Toby and moved towards Felix, nearly tripping over on the way.  I was so pleased to see him - I had not realized how much I had actually missed him.
"So whats it like being a dad then??"  I asked him
"Great - have you seen how tiny his little fingers are"
I laughed - trust Felix!!!!!  We talked for a while longer then I said goodbye as it was getting late, I needed to let them sleep and I needed to start heading home.
I started to walk, I needed to clear my head a little, so I started to walk towards the centre of town which I would have to cross to get home, so I thought by the time I got near the hospital, I would jump in a taxi and ride the rest of the way home.  I needed to make sense of what had happened between me and Toby.  I knew he liked me in a way more than a friend should, and I liked him as a friend, and that was all.  Or was it, why did I feel that way when he held me - was it panic - or was it something more??  I am not normal am I to not know what those emotions were going through me at that time!!!!!
As I got near the hospital I turned the corner and I could see someone walking towards me, I recognise that purple head!!!  As he got close he spoke to me.
"Faith, you haven't seen your Grandmother have you??"
"No Grandad - why have you lost her??"
"Yeah, she said she was doing a concert at the theatre, I was suppose to be meeting her outside the hospital, but I can not find her, and I have walked all the way round" he looked a little flustered!!
"Have you tried to phone her" I asked
"She is not answering her phone"  he said  "I'll just wander back round to the front and wait for her there"
We talked for a while longer, mainly about my younger brothers and sisters and how mad mom and dad were for having so many kids.  I told him he should pop round, I can not remember him visiting us since I was a child.  We said our goodbyes, he wandered off to the front of the hospital and I jumped in a cab and went home.
The next few days went by quickly and I got another promotion.  I am now a Gene Therapist.  Now don't ask me why but, I wanted to read a pregnancy book???!!!!  I am not broody, I am not pregnant, (never even been kissed!!)  Mom is not pregnant again - I don't think.  Oh well, reading it may well help me with work.  I searched the bookcase at home but there weren't any, so I thought I would try the library.
"I am just off the to library to do some reading" I shouted as I left
"You work too hard!!!" Dad shouted after me
I jumped out of the Limo - I really hate being driven around in that huge black car- talk about attracting attention, I really ought to think about getting my own car, something small that would not attract so much attention to myself!!!!  I made my way up the library steps not paying attention to who was around me.
"Excuse me - are you Edwin Swans daughter"
I stopped dead, quite irritated at being disturbed by people everywhere I went!!  I looked in the direction the voice had come from
I was quite shocked at the man I saw stood in front of me.
My hair - he looked like my Dad but in pink, a vampire and he was wearing a science facility work uniform.
"Your Faith aren't you!" it was more a statement than a question
My brain was not quick enough to fit all the pieces together
"Sorry, do I know you??"
"I am Dean - Dean Swan"
I felt so stupid - of course - I should have known!!!
He gently took hold of my arm and signalled for me to move away from the library doorway
"Damn Paparazzi, give them a chance and they will be printing loads of rubbish about you tomorrow"
He glared at a woman who was standing way too close, I had not even noticed her there till now, she nodded, said "night Dean" then quickly moved away.
"The last thing we need is us together plastered all over the paper tomorrow"
"Would that be such a problem - we are related after all" I said
"Not to us maybe, but I could think of a few people it would upset"
"Like who?"
"Your parents and Grandparents for a start"
 Just what had this guy done to make the family hate him and act like he did not exist???

---------------------------------------------------
Chapter 64 coming soon
--------------------------------------------------


2 comments:

  1. wow, how strange that Faith wanted to read a pregnancy book! What's up with that? Hmm... I wonder if Faith will ever want to find someone to love... looks like she's got some good prospects around her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nooooo... Dean's not the type to start trouble, so why is he talking like that?! Dx

    I enjoyed seeing Tiber's cameo, haha. He's such a cutie.

    ReplyDelete