Saturday 4 December 2010

Chapter 40 - Just Wishes - Gen 5


I love being a young adult, no school and no curfews.  So I can stop out all night playing for tips if I want to and don't have to worry about the time, all I have to worry about is the sun, but I think that is worse than having a curfew!!!  I now have 225 days stretching ahead of me before I become a mature adult, vampires having a much longer lifespan than human sims.
I have this one particular paparazzi following me around wherever I go, her name is Deana.  She actually looks more dead than I am and she isn't a vampire!!  There are definately some strange looking folk in Wishy Bay.  I am slowly finding things out about her by reading her mind - one of the fun parts of being a vampire.
Dana has settled into our new town better than the rest of us.  She met someone at work - Moe Pesce, they are now married and he has moved in with us and they have their first baby on the way.  For the moment Moe is still human, but is considering being turned into a vampire.  I hope he knows what hes doing, I wish there was a way to turn from vampire to human - because I think I would take it!!!
Dad is still just moping around and me, I can not decide which career path to take - music, painting or writing - I would like to do all three.  But one thing I wanted to do before I get tied down by work is travel to Egypt.
So here I am at base camp - frying in the sun - not a good choice of holiday destination really for a vampire is it!!
Looking on the notice board to see what there was to do around here - I noticed someone wanted somebody to do a little tomb raiding for them, sounds like it could be fun I would love to fully explore a tomb!!
The job was to retrieve some important documents from the Tomb of Discovery.
I found the entrance quite easily from my map
I have a map - not sure how much help it is going to be - it tells me to go through the door, but it doesn't give me any clues as to how to open it.
A treasure chest - gold coins and a crescent shaped stone block.
Well, it didn't take a genius to work out the crescent shape black fitted into the crescent shaped hole.  The chains snaps open, now I can go through the door.
An interesting empty room.  A floor tile with foot prints on it, standing on the foot marks creates a load rumbling noise and a staircase opens up in the floor.
mmmm this map is definitely no help.  Standing on this floor switch does not do anything - so I wander how do I get it to work??
This is heavy!!!  I think i need to do some jogging and working out to build up my strength.  Moving the stone statue over the floor switch snapped the chains on the door for me to enter the next room.
Eventually I found what I was looking for!!  Time to delivery the documents.
Now - doesn't that just spoil the view!!!!
Stretched limo in the middle of the pyramids and sand dunes - I dont think so!!!!
There is a drawback to being chauffeur driven sometimes!!
Ohhhhhhhhh I didnt tell you did I, just before I came travelling to Egypt I achieved my LTW - Lifestyle of the Rich and Famous - I am now a 5 star celebrity and have more than $100,000 in the bank!!!!
----------------------------
After delivering the documents, from the Tomb of Discovery, and receiving my reward I decided to go to the market, I wanted to buy a camera.  Some nice little shops in the market place, I ended up buying new skill books, fishing books, recipie books, camera, mummitarian (whatever that is) a tent, some new friut we dont get back home and a mummy teddy bear for my new neice or nephew coming soon!!
 I thought I might be left alone in Egypt, but it seems, wherever I go in the world, everyone knows who I am.
Autographs and posing for photo's - it would be nice to get a break from it sometimes!!!
After having a nights sleep in a tent in basecamp, toilet, shower and plasma juice and I was all set for my second day in Egypt.  I decided I wanted to visit the sphinx, so with my tent and plenty of plasma fruit I set off to do some more exploring in the sphinx tomb.
 That's a frightening sight!!
I managed to put out the fires by dragging a stone statue around the room, a little swim and hours of working out puzzles and finding hidden switches and doors to get through the tomb. I was finding lots of coins and treasure to take home with me.
"Hello - anybody in there?"  
Good job they were both empty, Ive heard some nasty tales about tomb mummies!!
Am I glad I brought this tent from the market!!!  I was bushed, not really expecting to take so long getting through the sphinx tomb - I ended up spending the night in a tent in the middle of the tomb somewhere - a little creepy its too quiet!!
Four dive wells - three clear and one purple.   Luckily I went for the purple one and found a lever at the bottom so I pulled it.
The lever opened a secret door into quite a nice room, where I found another secret door in the wall.
Bonus!!  A toilet and a bath - I was beginning to worry about not being able to go to the toilet, and took advantage of the bath too - the water was a little cold, but I didn't stink any more.
Clearing rubble piles is not much fun, but it has to be done for me to get any further through the tomb.
another room with more coins and gems and chained door.
I had found a star shaped stone block in a chest a while back - it fitted perfectly into the hole.
even though I didnt like clearing rubble piles, I liked the surprize of what I found underneath.
Unfortunately - this is where I had to exit the tomb - my 3 day trip was over and if I didn't hurry up I would miss my flight back home.  But I will be back to complete this tomb one day I hope!!  But quite good timing to be leaving as socially I am craving company, spent too much time with myself the past few days.
Home Sweet Home!!
"Hiya Sis, your belly is getting very fat you need to lay off the cookies!!!!"
"Cheeky - enjoy your trip??"
"Have you asked Moe the sex of the baby yet, one of the perks of having a doctor for a husband!!"
"He knows - but I want to be surprized when it arrives"
Quite shattered from my travels, I went to sleep pretty early and was really happy to sleep in a nice comfortable bed.
I don't know how long I had been asleep, but it was after dark, suddenly a very loud squealing noise woke me up.  It was the burglar alarm.  I rushed downstairs to find a burglar in the hallway.
The alarm woke up the whole house, and the police were there so quickly the burglar did not get the chance to get away.  The burglar resisted arrest at first, but gave up when he realized there was no escaping.
Finally the alarm stops ringing!!!!  I am not sure what the burglar took yet, if anything, I am just glad he didn't take the mummified teddy bear, I bought back from Egypt for the baby.

-----------------------------------------------
Chapter 41 coming soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, cute, he got a mummy bear for his future niece/nephew. Sweet! I wonder what job he will choose!?

    ReplyDelete