Saturday 25 December 2010

Fatal Attraction 2 - Just Wishes - Gen 6

by Dean Swan

I have been in love with Lilac since the first time I saw her, and I hate my brother because I am Jealous, jealous that he has what I want.  My life has been a mess since the day she walked into our lives.   I am existing in a loveless marriage, in a way I feel sorry for Bonoffee, I know she loves me, but I don't feel the same way, and she knows it.  I just went for the first woman that showed an interest in me to get out of my living hell, of seeing my brother and Lilac together every day.  Bonoffee is still human and now an elderly, soon she will die, then the burden of pretending will be lifted from me and I can go on alone, which is how I will stay not being with Lilac.
 The only reason I stay this way is because of our daughter Melissa, she does not deserve the hurt of knowing the truth - so I go on pretending.
It gets worse for me when two of my nephews, Lilac & Damens children, come to work at the science facility where I work.   I have to see them everyday, a constant reminder of what my brother has and I dont!!!
Edwin, reminds me so much of myself, and regardless of everything, I actually get on with him very well and quite often he phones me up to invite me over.  I don't get on with my brother so any excuse for me to see Lilac from time to time is a good reason to hangout with my nephew.

Dad had just died and Lilac came to me for comfort.  She cried on my shoulder, I was starving but would have stayed there forever and died, just to hold her and have her so close to me.
"Its not just Dad, Dean I think there is something going on between Damen and Eva"
"Don't be silly Lilac, he loves you"
"I've walked in on them a few times and thought something was going on between them, and so did your Dad, we were talking about it only the day before he died"
"Are you sure"
"No, but I slapped Eva anyway and we had a massive fight, she never once claimed to be innocent!!"
"What about Edwin?"
"I can't face him, I don't want to be the one to tell him why I was fighting with his wife!"
Looking at the torment on her face I couldn't help but pull her close to me and hugged her, amorously, and she didn't seem to mind.
I had to get away quickly before I did something stupid, I had already pushed my luck and not trying was better than her knocking me back!!  So I made my way to the fridge and sat drinking plasma juice, Lilac wandered off and, when I had cleaned up a little I went down into the basement, to sleep.
When I got down into the basement, everyone was asleep, all except for Lilac who was leaning against the wall crying.  I went up to her, only intending to talk to her.  I brushed some hair away from her wet face, when she suddenly wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me close, I couldn't breath.
"Why is life so unfair Dean?"
"I can't answer that its been unfair to me too"
"Why for you?"
"Because I love you Lilac"
Why the hell did I say that!!!!  I stepped back ready to flee, but she grabbed my hands to stop me from moving away.
"How long?" she asked
"Look, just forget I said that"
"Too late - how long Dean?"
"Since the first time Damen brought you home"
She went quiet, and I am not sure if I started it or she did, but before I knew it we were kissing each other.  I had imagined this moment in my mind a thousand times, but it was far better than I ever could have imagined.
We spent hours without exchanging another word.  Hugging, kissing and making out, I was dead on my feet, but I didn't want to sleep or move from this spot.  It is amazing what you can get away with when everyone is sound asleep - we were undisturbed for hours - but somewhere at the back of my mind I had the niggling feeling that I shouldn't be doing this, because she was my brothers wife, but also because I felt somehow I was taking advantage of her grief and upset - but still I didn't want it to end!!
It must have been early morning and Eva appeared
"What on earth ............"
"Ignore her Dean, she will only be running off in a while to keep Damen amused"  Lilac said sarcastically.
The mood was broken and I suddenly stepped back into reality
"I need to grab something to eat then I better head off and get ready for work"
In the kitchen I put down the empty juice carton on the counter and when I turned round Lilac was stood behind me and pulled me into an amorous hug.  She kissed me and I became oblivious to the world again.  I don't know about Lilac, but I was blissfully unaware that Edwin, Damen and Eva had entered the kitchen and were all watching us in shock.
 It was only the sound of my brother sobbing that bought me back down to earth.

-----------------------------------------------
by Damen Swan

Whatching my wife making out with my brother has to be the worse thing I have ever had to experience.  This was my worst nightmare just come true!!
 I will never quite understand why Eva was the first to jump in and have a go at Dean.  Dean was quick to fire back with insults.
"There is no need to insult Eva like that - she's not the one in the wrong here you are, Dean"  Edwin jumped in to defend his wife.
"Well, you should have kept your wife under better control then Edwin, afterall, she is partly to blame for all this - isn't she Damen!!"
What?!" Edwin was very confused
I knew exactly what he was getting at and it would be just Deans style to tell Edwin what had been going on between me and Eva. to ruin lives that didnt need to be ruined - its not like we had actually even kissed each other!!!  Ours was just an attraction we could control.
"DONT YOU DARE DEAN!!!!  This is between you, me and Lilac, and I think you should leave -  NOW -  before I do something I will regret!!"
As Dean started to walk out I shouted after him
"This is not over Dean, I will be round to have this out with you later, so unless you want your world ripped to pieces, make sure your wife and daughter are not home!!!!"
"Whatever!!" Dean replied
"I am sorry Damen"
"Why Lilac?" I felt broken
"I don't know, it just happened"
"With my brother of all people!!"
"I know I am sorry!!!"
"How could you do this to me!!" I asked
"and haven't you been doing the same to me?"
"No - actually I haven't  - ok - there is an attraction but, that's as far as it goes, or will ever go.  Don't you think I can see what happened to my dad, as much as he loved my mom, he had an affair which ruined his life from that day till he died.  I love you and I wouldn't risk that!!  You on the other hand - you make me sick, and Dean - why Dean!!!!!" 
"I ..........."
"I bet he is sat at home LAUGHING his head off at me, he'll be so smug, he said this would happen one day - AND YOU - you .........."
"He said he loved me and ....." again I didn't let her finish
"I know he does, WHY, do you think we hate each other so much Lilac because of you - and this, this has just made it a whole lot worse, I want to kill him and you!!"
The arguing rumbled on for ages, Edwin just stood watching us - I just hoped he was not putting pieces of our conversation together and making sense of it.
"So what are you planning on doing now -  run off with Dean??!!
"I don't know"
What will the future bring??  We will have to wait and see!!!
But I know one thing - my life will never be the same again!!

----------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 55
-----------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. OH my goodness, so much drama! This generation did not disappoint, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete