Thursday 9 December 2010

Chapter 45 - Just Wishes - Gen 5


Remote controls seem to be taking over our life, whoever heard of feeding the fish by remote control?!  Well we do!!!  There are some strange looking fish in this aquarium - one of these days I might get to learn what they are.  Fishing is one thing I regret not doing while I was young, now I am a fully fledged vampire, I can not fish during the daytime because I have to keep out of the sun, at night I just dont get the change with work and I am always too tired to spend the dark hour fishing!!
Work is going pretty well, I've now been promoted up to Back up Vocalist and travel around in the tour bus, which is even more of an eyesore than the stretched limo.
Even though my work is bases around the guitar - I think my favourite musical instrument is the piano, I spend a lot of my spare time playing the piano, and me and Lilac spend a lot of time together in this room - me playing piano and her painting,  I would love to turn this room into a music room, but I think Lilac has other plans for this room - a nursery!!  She is still nagging me about having a baby, but at the moment its not what I want - I am not Family Oriented like she and the rest of my family have been.
I am never very happy to see Dean and Lilac together, even though there has never been a reoccurance of Dean making a move on Lilac (well not that I know of anyway)  I still get very nervous, especially as he is Family Oriented and they quite often have conversations about babies and children.  Dean has got himself a girlfriend now and I dont see that much of him these days but when he is around I have to laugh at him - he is such a geek!!!!  He is working his way up the ladder in the science career - I can see him one day being a mad scientist - it suits him!!!!
We are waiting for Lilac to make the change from human to vampire.  I turned her a few days ago, and the transformation should soon be complete, but it is bothering me that Lilac is having such a hard time.  She is feeling very ill and she says she is in a lot of pain - she really is worrying me.
But today - was going to turn out a lot more eventful than we expected!!!
I heard a commotion in the bathroom and went to see what was going on - I got there just in time to realize Lilac had just gone through the change, I giggled to myself watching her looking at her new vampire self in the mirror - but then she was sick!?  She really was suffering!!!
I went down into the basement to play my guitar, and Lilac came down to find me.  I was a little shocked, she looked awful, I know she looked different with her new skintone and bright shining violet eyes. but she also looked different in another way too, she looked bloated and washed out.
"Damen, I think we have a problem"
"my - you don't look so good  - you look all bloated!!"
"Maybe I ought to take you to see Moe - I am getting worried now"
"There is no need, I actually feel fine now"
"Maybe, but you don't look fine - have you looked at yourself ??" I then started to panic "Oh, why did I every make you do this, if anything happens to you it will be my fault and I wont live with myself"
"Will you shut up for one minute - I am fine - I am just pregnant"
"WHAT??!!  Don't be stupid - you can't be"
"Well I am feel my tummy"
"How??, when?? - No"
"I think you know how, and when - the night of the kitchen fire remember"
"Yes, but........."
"I must have been pregnant before you turned me"
"This is just too much to take in - pregnant - a baby!"
  She suddenly doubled up in pain
"OOOOOOOOOOUUCH!"
"OOOMMMMGGGG this hurts"
  I just started freaking out!!!  
"OMG - WHAT'S THE MATTER?"
"I think the baby is coming right now!
Surely this can't be happening - It hadn't even sunk in that she was pregnant, I was going to be a dad, and here she is stood in front of me screaming telling me the baby is coming right now!!!
Before I had even got my head together enough to do anything - Lilac was right, baby was coming right now and she did!!  A few minutes later Lilac stood there holding a little baby girl, I think I need to pass out!!!
Once we had gotten over the shock of our little baby girls arrival, we decided to call her Ellie.  And after I had gotten over my own shock - I took Ellie out of her crib and fell in love with her instantly,  I had not wanted to be a dad yet, but now I am, I actually kind of like it!!!
I had the best time winding Dean up - imagine him going to work, no sign of a pregnancy then coming home to find a baby in the house - he was so confused and I made a meal of playing him up, but I left Lilac to explain just what had happened.
But he had his own surprise up his sleeve for us later that day.  He invited his girlfriend round, Dean was also going to be a Dad soon luckily he had time to get used to becoming a dad.  He proposed to Banofee, better late than never!!!
I quite quickly changed my way of life to work and Ellie, I had hardly touched a musical instrument or read a book since Ellie arrived, I wanted to spend every spare minute I had with her.
I even napped on the couch instead of going to bed sometimes, I hated to think of her alone in the house while us three vampires slept in the basement.
Ellie gave Dad another focus in his life, instead of spending all his time in the basement with the board breaker, he now spent a lot of time helping to look after Ellie.
By the time Ellies birthday came around - Dean was married and moved out and had his own little girl, Melissa, to look after.  Ellie was even cuter as a toddler, she had my skin and eyes and her mom's hair.
I am glad that she has the virtuoso trait like us, it took Ellie no time at all to learn how to play the xylophone
I learnt Ellie to talk and Lilac learnt her how to walk
and we all chipped in with potty training.
 The time flew by so quickly, with the three of us at Ellie's beck and call, she was the centre of everyone's attention, quite a spoilt little madam really!! 
I actually couldn't believe what I wanted - I wanted another baby, I was loving every minute I spent with Ellie, and would love her to have a brother and sister to play with.  Of cause Lilac had no objections to having another baby!!
It wasn't long before the sickness started
and I was really happy when she told me we had another baby on the way!!!

--------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 46 coming soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, yay another baby! I still find that whole pregnancy thing to be soooo crazy!

    ReplyDelete