Thursday 9 December 2010

Chapter 46 - Just Wishes - Gen 5

It was quite exciting watching Lilac's Tummy grow, and waiting for the baby to arrive, we never had any of this with Ellie's surprise arrival so it was kind of new to us both.  That was one huge tummy she was growing!!
Of course Ellie was still the centre of everyone's attention, she was too young to know that she was about to get a new brother or sister soon!!
Luckily I wasn't at work when Lilac started getting labour pains, at first I had a little freak out then, we went off to the hospital - we actually made it there this time!!  I hope we get the little boy that we both wanted.
Now I don't know what is worse - not knowing you are having a baby - or coming home with a basket full of surprises you just didn't expect!!!
How are we ever going to cope!!!!
First came Edwin, then came Edward and finally Eider.
Edwin had my skin and Edward and Eider had Lilacs skin.
Three - yes three little boys!!!!
The piano having to be moved down into the basement to house three new cribs, looks like Lilac got her wish to turn this room into a nursery after all!!!
"How are we going to cope with three babies and a toddler??"  I asked
"I don't have a clue, we can only do our best!!"
"Are we ever going to get a normal pregnancy??"
"It doesn't look like it!" she giggled
The shock on Dads face when he came back from work and saw the triplets for the first time was priceless!!
From here on in it becomes a life of work and screaming, hungry, smelly babies, that never gave us a minutes rest!!!  It took all three of us none stop to keep the triplets satisfied.  We very quickly turned into zombies.
I am sure we would never have coped if Dad had not been there to help us!!
And of course we had to try and give Ellie as much attention as possible, but she was really good and didn't cause half as much of a problem as her 3 brothers did, she didnt seem to mind not getting so much attention as she was before.
Edward seem to demand a lot more attention than the other two and when one started screaming this usually woke Eider and Edwin up and they would join in too!!  It was quite rare for us to have all four children sleeping at the same time!!
Whenever I could I took and nap on the couch in the babies room - we were all so very tired!!
Work - I seriously don't know how I managed it but I even managed a promotion while I was in zombie state, I am now a Pop Icon, the glasses are to hide the bags under my eyes from lack of sleeping!!
I was getting to the point where i was swaying on my legs - the endless demanding children were becoming too much for all of us!! 
 I wanted to hire a babysitter to help lighten the load - a good sleep was all that we all needed.  She was absolutely useless, just stood there hands over her ears, I dismissed her she was no help at all!
We chucked out the couch and put a bed in the babies room, so we could try and get some sleep now and again.
 Quite a few times I passed out from exhaustion - I was so glad that the boys birthdays was coming up, I am sure 3 toddlers are going to be a lot less demanding than 3 babies!!
Edwin was the first to have his birthday.  He surprized us all by having his grandad Alekseys hair colouring!!  He has my skin colour and Lilacs eye colour.  The thing that made me laugh - his favourite colour = Lilac!!
Now - Edward - he has Lilacs skin colour - my eye colour and ????? hair colour.  I think that my grandad Mikie had similar coloured hair, as my Uncle Daryl (Dads half brother) has this hair colour and so ironically does Dean's daugher Melissa.
And Eider - identical hair and skin as Edward, but he has his moms violet eye colour
Four toddlers running round the house is total madness!!!  Its Dads turn to sleep downstairs with the babies tonight - hopefully I can get a a good nights sleep!!
"Hello stranger - I've missed you!!" Lilac said to me as I lay on the bed
It hit me then that since the boys had been born we had spent no time together at all other than standing in the babies room at the same time feeding, changing diapers etc.
"I've missed you too!!" I replied "promise me something"
"What?"
"No more babies"
"mmmmmmmmmm" she said as she nodded off to sleep

-----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------


1 comment:

  1. OH man, triplets! I don't envy you at all, I know how exhausting it is! I had another grownup to help with the Song triplets, and man, I don't know how we would have made it without the grandparents!

    ReplyDelete