Saturday 25 December 2010

Chapter 55 - Just Wishes - Gen 6


I wanted another baby, I would be really nice to have a little girl, especially if she ended up to look like Eva.  I knew Eva will not object when I mention it to her, she would fill the house up with babies if she had her way!!
Finlay has his birthday he is now a toddler like Fletcher, I can not wait to see them playing together.  He  has his mothers hair colour and her big bright white eyes.
Dad has been looking very preoccupied lately, but I am still having to fight him to get near the kids when they need attending too, he has a habit of getting their first.
Finlays birthday is forgotten when a tragedy strikes that none of us really expected.  My Grandad died, I was distraught!!
I could hear his spirit having a conversation with the grim reaper but could not quite catch what they were saying to each other.
I was pretty surprized to see the grim reaper making himself at home, he gave my dad the shock of his life when he got into bed and went to sleep.
My Dad was beside himself, he was blaming himself for not noticing that his dad was so low, he knew he was upset after everything that we had been up to to get the ingredients to make the Ambrosia that would hopefully be eaten by my grandmothers ghost and bring her back from the dead.  It had been months since the Ambrosia was made and her ghost had not been seen since.  Grandad had given up, kept letting himself become over exposed by the sun and he was weak, tired and stopped eating.
My Granddad and Grandmother are together again, but not in the way we had thought.  Their gravestones are both in the corner of the garden together.
I couldnt believe he had gone, I felt like it was my fault we had let him down.  We had caught the deathfish too late, my grandmothers ghost had not been seen since and Grandad had given up on life - and it was my fault!!
 I swear I have just seen Eva flirting with my dad
"Whats going on??" I demanded
"Oh nothing son - Eva just helped me get something out of my eye"
"I was just remarking about his eye colour, Ive never noticed it before"
mmmmmmmmmm could have been - or are they lying to me??
 Later that day Eva told me she was pregnant again, still no morning sickness, quite amazing really!!!  The earlier incident now was forgotten.
"I really hope we have a girl this time"  I said
"Me too!!"
I invited Uncle Dean round, we had something to discuss to do with work, and it would be nice to hang out with him.  I invited him to stay over the night, now I really wished I had not.
The next morning coming down to get ready for work, I walked into the kitchen, there was Uncle Dean and Mom, at first I thought talking, but there was a lot more than talking going on.  I stood there in total shock watching them.
OMG -I have never felt so sick!!!!
watching my mom making out with my Uncle Dean - so gross!!!
My poor dad had seen it too
Eva had a go at Dean and Dean started to insult her - there really was no need for him to be doing that, and I was not having him insulting Eva like that, so I jumped in.
"There is no need to insult Eva like that - she's not the one in the wrong here you are, Dean"  
"Well, you should have kept your wife under better control then Edwin, after all, she is partly to blame for all this - isn't she Damen!!"
What?!" What the hell was he on about.
Dad kicked Dean out, then mom and dad started yelling at each other.
I stood in total shock watching my mom and dad arguing - wondering what the hell was going to happen now!!
Then Eva started moaning, doubled up in pain.  Dad started freaking out, then mom, then I realized that the baby was on its way.  I left my feuding parents and took Eva to the hospital.
Yet again I stood outside while Eva went into the hospital.  What was taking so long??  She was not this long the last two times, I hope there is nothing wrong.  Oh damn it - I suddenly went inside.  A good job I did really as when we came out of the hospital we were both carrying a baby.  We had twin girls
I was stunned, but glad it was not triplets,   We called the girls Flora and Faith.
"Isn't this great - two girls and two boys!!"
You could cut the atmosphere with a knife between mom and dad
"Aarrr you've had a little girl this time" mom said
"This is Faith and Flora is in her crib"
"You what!?"
"Two girls" I smiled "We had twins"
Dad was first in to start making a fuss over the girls - but I could see he was really very miserable.
"What's happening with you and Mom Dad??"
"I don't know son, I don't know what to do!!"
Watching my mother teaching Finlay how to talk.  I suddenly felt so ashamed of myself, quite some time had passed since Finlay had his birthday, and with so much going on I had actually neglected him, had hardly spent any time with him or Fletcher at all!!
I would have to make up for it tomorrow!!

--------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 56
--------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see what the girls look like. Man, you were right, Edwin is pretty clueless!

    ReplyDelete