Monday 27 December 2010

Chapter 56 - Just Wishes - Gen 6

Living in our house at the moment is hell!!!  Mom and Dad are either not talking or arguing, there is no in between.  I have seen Uncle Dean at work but can not bring myself to talk to him - he and my mom have made me so angry!!  I am keeping myself occupied with work and the children, especially the twins together can be quite demanding.  We are all being kept on our toes by the four children.
Dad especially is a permanent fixture in the babies room.  My mom is quite the alien in the house, no one is going out their way to even have a conversation with her.  Dad is miserable and the whole situation is making everybody miserable.
 I have had another promotion at work, my job title is now "Carnivorous Plant Tender".  I am quite enjoying my job but it can leave me very stressed out some days - and then I have to come back to this mess that is my parents marriage!!
I went round to see Ethan as he and Sugar have just had another baby.  A little boy they have called Jackie.  Ethan and Sugar live together, they have gotten engaged, but not married yet.
 Their daughter is called Reina
It was quite nice to catch up with Ethan, but I did bump into someone I had not really wanted to see - Mallow!!!  Any feeling I had for her have now gone - I am so happy that I chose to stay with Eva!!!
We had a few birthdays coming up - Fletcher and the girls were all growing up.  I wanted to have a party for Fletcher, but with the atmosphere in our house, I had to compromise, I bought him a cake and it was just me, Eva and mom and dad.
The night became a nightmare!!!  A very good job I had not invited guests round to witness the goings on with my disfuntional family!!!
Before Fletcher even got to blow out his candles, the cake set fire, it just burst into flames.  I ran to the other side of the kitchen and put Fletcher out of harms way, and tried to deal with the fire.  It did not take long with the help of the fire extinguisher, the flames were soon put out.  One of the kitchen units was burnt and needs to be replaced.
I dont have a clue what sparked the next incident off, but before I knew mom and Eva were having another punch up.
I swear sometimes, I am either too slow or stupid, but I'm standing there, I don't have a clue why my mom and wife are fighting and why my dad is in floods of tears.  Did someone say something that I didn't hear??
"What's going on Dad??"
"I don't know son, your mom just jumped on Eva, I don't know why they are fighting!!"
"Why are you crying?"
"Because I can not take all this, your mom, she has wrecked our family, she has betrayed me and I don't know how I am ever going to get past that"
Poor Fletcher had to grow up on his own in the bathroom.
A further commotion before everyone finally went to bed.  Mom and Eva had another bust up down in the basement over coffins.  I just left them to it and went and slept in the same bedroom as Fletcher.  I am going to have to talk to Eva and find out what the hell is going on with her and my Mom.
The girls grew up to toddlers.  First Faith - she has my hair colour and her moms white eyes.
Flora quite surprized me - she had Eider and Edwards hair colour!!!
The two girls are very close, but all four of them play together nicely without any fighting - they are better behaved than the adults in the house at the moment!!!
Fletcher is very good with his little sisters, giving them bottles and playing with them.
Dad is busy teaching skills.  He is still miserable, the atmosphere in the house between the adults is still no better.  I really dont know what I can do to improve the situation between him and mom.
It wont be long before it is Finlays birthday.  He can walk and talk, but he is not using the potty by himself just yet.
The doorbell rang and  Dad answered the door and let this woman in.
"Hi, I am new to town and I was told your surname is Swan" she said to Dad
"Yes, I am Damen Swan"
"Well, this is a bit awkward but I am looking for my Dad"
"Well I am not your Dad" Dad started to laugh, then suddenly stopped  "Red hair"
"My dads name is ........."
"Aleksey" dad butted in
"Yes"
"Your Ingrid arent you!!??"
"Yes" she looked shocked.  I was very confused
"Dad hoped one day you would come looking for him!!"
"Dad - is he your Dad too??"
"Yes, I am Damen your half brother - has Cherry not told you anything??"
"No not really, I only knew my Dads name, me and Daryl were banned from talking about him, and after Daryl died I had no way of learning anything."
"Daryl is dead??"  Dad looked shocked
"Yes he drowned when I was a child"
"Have you never spoken to Dawn ?"
"No who is Dawn"
"You half sister, she still lives in Wishacy Valley"
"I didn't know!!" she looked angry
"Where is he, can I see him do you think" she asked
"I am sorry Ingrid, he died a while back - I am really sorry!!"
She looked stunned!!
 "Dad I am confused" I said
"This is your Aunty Ingrid, Edwin"
"But ....."
"A bit of family history I need to tell you about - I need to explain to the both of you I think , but before I do Ingrid, Im a little confused about something"
"What?"
"Why are  you not a vampire???"
"Mom made me drink this potion she scrimped and saved to buy from the Science facility, it made me really ill for days, it was a cure for vampirism"
I went to bed pretty shocked by Dads story and Grandad's affair and my new aunty.  All this cheating must run in the genes!!!!  I even went through a phase of it myself!!!!!  Well I have seen the damage it can do and plan never to do it again myself!!!  Poor Ingrid never got to meet Grandad!!
I would really love another baby!!

-------------------------------------------------
Chapter 57
-------------------------------------------------


1 comment:

  1. Wow, talk about a blast from the past showing up at the door!

    ReplyDelete