Monday 6 December 2010

Chapter 44 - Just Wishes - Gen 5

The day we got married and Lilac moved in she straight away started to put her stamp on the house.  She picked out our bedroom and redecorated it - purple!!  Humans sleep in beds, and I am married to a human, so its only right I sleep in the same bed as she does - so I gave up my coffin in the basement and started sleeping in a bedroom every night.
We had only been married a few days when I found out just how bad Lilac's cooking was!!!  She nearly burnt the house down - I have never been so scared in my life!!!   I could have lost her that day and all I could do was stand panicing!!!!!  Trust Dean to be the one to help save the day!!
Dean just ran in and started to try to extinguish the fire, me I just stood screaming at Lilac to keep away.
Dad joined Dean and they were both trying to extinguish the fire - I did manage to phone the firemen out and two fire engines turned up.
Eventually with two firemen, Dean and Dad, the fire was put out - nobody hurt - just the kitchen and Lilacs pride!!!
"Get to work Damen - I'll handle things"  Dad said when it was all over
I had just been heading off to work when the fire broke out
I hope he isn't mad with me because Lilac nearly burnt the house down!!!
oooooohhhhh and whats this - Dad is interested enough to read the fire woman's mind!!
"Aleksey I'm sorry - I didn't mean to start a fire - I dont know what happened" Lilac said feeling guilty
"Its ok - my own fault - I have never got round to putting a smoke alarm in  here - it could have been worse - your not the first to burn dinner!!"
"I'm sorry Aleksey"
"Stop stressing - the insurance will cover the damange!!"
The poor kitchen was in ruins - Lilac made a start on cleaning up the mess
This gave Lilac the chance to put her stamp on the kitchen - purple again!!
"Why is it so dark down here Damen, can't we get some light down here??"
"No we need the basement to be dark, we are vampires remember"  I replied  "Lilac I need to talk to you about something important"
"Babies??!!!" she said hopefully
"No not babies - something a little more important to me at the moment"
"What could be more important than babies?"
"Your life and time"
"What??" she said confused
"Have you not once thought about the fact that you will die of old age before I become a mature adult"
"No, I ....."
"You do know that a vampires lifespan is a lot longer than a humans."
"Yes of course I do"
"Well I am not going to watch you grow old and die - I can't and I won't"
"So what are you saying - your breaking up with me already???"  a look of terror on her face
"No - silly - either I have to become human - or you need to become a vampire"
"Can vampires become human??
"Well, if there is a way then I would do it - but I don't know that there is, which only leaves one option"
"I have to become a vampire don't I" she said slowly
"Yes, but I will only turn you if you want it too - you need time to think about it"
"Ok - I'll think about it" she said
"But you need to decide before your next birthday" I warned her
"Why before my birthday"
"You have 28 days left of being a young adult - I have 206 days - if you leave it till your a mature adult you will be over 200 days older than me and I will still have to watch you grown old and die before me."
"Oh" she said thoughtfully
"Do it quickly and we can grown old together"
"Ok - just do it"
"What?"
"Turn me now"
  "But you haven't had time to think about it"
"I've thought about it - just do it "
"Are you really sure??"
"Yes"
"There is no going back after its done" I warned her
"Just Shut up and do it before you change my mind!!!"
As I leaned in to bite her neck she stopped me
"hang on - does it hurt?"
"A little but it won't last for long"
Are you ok??
"I think so - now what!!"
"In a few days you will change into a vampire - you might feel a little unwell until then - but you will be just fine!!"

----------------------------------------------------------


-----------------------------------------------------------


1 comment:

  1. Aw, now Lilac's a vampire too.. that's so sweet! So, he wished to make her a vampire? Cool!

    ReplyDelete