Tuesday 21 December 2010

Quest for Life - part 3 - Just Wishes - Gen 5

by Aleksey

I am not sure how much longer I can take this for!!  Damen has told me it maybe possible, according to Dean, to resurrect Casey, but it is going to take time and it is not going to be easy!!!  To make matters worse, Casey doesn't appear for weeks sometimes, and every time she leaves I never know when she is going to return and if she is going to return.
The boys are being great, Damen and Edwin, they are working together to try and find the two items we need, lifefruit and deathfish.  Damen knows how to make Ambrosia, which is what Casey needs to eat to bring her back to the living.  We have managed to find a seed for the lifefruit, so have some growing in the garden, it is just the Deathfish that we can not find.  They are both becoming very good anglers, but they have not managed to catch any yet, not that we know where to look for them anyway.  There is one place that we know they exist and that means travelling to Wishacy Valley, which is something I never planned to do again, but it looks like I might have to.
Nearly two weeks before I see Casey again, she says that from the time she is drawn back into her gravestone, she can not judge time because she exists in darkness and it is only tiredness and hunger that drives her out of the darkness and back into the world.  So I just have to be patient and wait - and all of this waiting is killing me!!
"I am aching so much it hurts - how much longer??!!"
"Hopefully not long, we are doing our best - its not easy"
"What is taking so long Alesksey??"
"The deathfish, we haven't managed to find any yet" I told her "Damen and Edwin are fishing all the time - hopefully soon they will catch some"
"Do you think I will still be a vampire?"
"I don't know - I would have thought so"
"Don't you think my beating heart is strange"
"Very strange as you haven't had a beating heart since you turned from human to vampire, I do not know why it has started beating again now after you died"
The hardest part is falling asleep with her there and waking to find she has gone again!!  But I would rather that than watching her vanish in a flash of green smoke infront of my eyes.
Gardening and fishing is all we seem to do these days, but it has brought the three of us closer together, especially Damen and Edwin.
A lot has gone on in our house lately, the triplets have had their birthday and are now all young adults.  Eider and Edward decided to move out and get a place of their own, Eider has a job in Journalism and Edward is working at the science lab.  Ellie is now married to Alex and has also fled the nest.
As none of us can fish during the daytime because of the sunlight, we watch the fishing channel, anything that can help find the deathfish.
The deathfish has become a bit of an obssession with all three of us!!
We finally had a glimmer of hope!!  We learnt from the fishing channel that deathfish can always be found where vampire fish live.  Edwin found a pond on a neighbours land that contains vampire fish, so at night we sneak out onto the neighbours garden and fish.  We have actually seen one, but haven't been lucky enough to catch one yet!  We haven't been spotted by our neighbours yet either, so haven't got into trouble with them so far!!
It has been quite a while since Casey has appeared - it has been more than two weeks, since I last saw her and I am starting to worry!!!
The strangest thing happened the one day, Edwin spotted a strange fish swimming around in our pond.
"Dad does that look like what I think it is???!!!"
"OMG - thats a deathfish - how on earth has that got into our pond??"
"I added a load of vampire fish that I had caught the other day because I was getting overloaded with them, you don't think ..........."
"I don't know - but I dont care - we need to catch one!!!"
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!  Edwin stood on the garden screaming
I ran out thinking something awful had happened and was overjoyed to see him stood there finally proudly holding a deathfish the biggest grin across his face!!
We all watched as Damen made the Ambrosia
Ambrosia made, now all we can do is wait.
and wait and wait and wait ........
You can tell how much time has flown by, Edwin is married and I have great grandchildren to keep me occupied, if it was not for them I would have given up long ago!!  None of us have seen Casey in a very long time, it is breaking my heart that since we made the Ambrosia she has never returned.
This is the last time that anyone can remember seeing Caseys ghost.  Ethan was a teenager, he is now a young adult and gone out into to the world to make his own life.

Me I am still waiting, I am way past caring that I am stood out in the sunlight - it can take me for all I care!!!  I seriously think we were too late, I dont think Casey is ever going to return!!!
Meditating makes the time pass by -
because I am still waiting for Casey to come back
I go past the point of sunlight a vampire can endure, passing out in the sun is quite a frequent event at this point, I have gone past caring about my life and just want it to be over.
 I slowly eat less and less, the sun exposure makes me so tired, too tired to even make it to the fridge to eat.

I knew it would happen soon - I was just glad when it did.

----------------------------------------

"Finally, Aleksey" Grim cackled
"Shut up Grim, just get on with it"
"Why the hurry Aleksey, you will not like the place I am sending you to!!??"
"Because Casey is waiting for me somewhere, and I have to find her"
He let out the most awful laugh
"Yes, she is waiting - a dangerous game you tried to play there which I won - I ALWAYS win!!!
"What??"
"Ambrosia indeed - it was never going to work"
"Why not??"
"because I was not going to let it - Casey has been kept safely away, why do you think you haven't seen her for a long time Aleksey??"
You!!  It was you wasnt it!!!!" Aleksey shouted angrily
"Yes Aleksey, it was me!! -  Come she is waiting"
The evil cackling grew quieter and they were both gone

-----------------------------------------------
by Damen

"Don't cry son"
"It is my fault grandads gone!!"
"Its nobody's fault, we tried, don't blame yourself" I tried to reassure him
"I should have caught the fish quicker" Edwin insisted
"Stop beating yourself up!!!  We were mad to even try it - we did the best we could"
"What are you doing with the Ambrosia in the fridge?" he asked me
"I am going to throw it out"
 Inside I felt just the same, I blamed myself - I had failed!!!
I did not even want to wait and find out if a ghost eating Ambrosia would work or not, the dead should stay dead and the living should just accept it!!!!
RIP Mom and Dad.

-------------------------------------------------

Chapter 50
--------------------------------------------------

Julies Notes -
When I started writing this side story - it was sparked off by Aleksey and Caseys ghost kissing, hugging etc automatically without me doing anything.  Aleksey was rolling mad wishes regarding Casey's ghost, Damen was cooking mad and wanted to make ambrosia and Edwin fishing mad wanting to catch a deathfish.  I put it altogether and had a plan.
But the story never ended how I expected it to end.  I have been playing this story out while playing my wishacy (using wishacy rules) so the story has evolved slowly with the conclusion how the wishacy took it.  The only thing I have done is be creative for example if Aleksey wanted to meditate - i send him to do it by caseys grave etc.  He even mourned automatically without my help which amazed me!!!  I suppose in the long run I could have been partly responsible for his death by putting him outside but with freewill the vamps usually take themselves indoors when the sun starts affecting them.  Towards the end Aleksey didn't and the exposure made him so weak that he died not bothering to go and eat - too busy playing with the heir it was too late when I spotted Aleksey in the red.
I had hoped that the Ambrosia in the fridge would bring casey back to life, but she did not appear after it was put in there.  As I have been waiting for a conclusion to this side story for quite a while, I now have about 6 chapters to release that I could not release before this side story was complete.
Happy reading!!!! :)



1 comment:

  1. wow, that's some side story! I think I like the way it ended, the dead with the dead, it's probably better that way. Some creative story telling missy!

    ReplyDelete